Silicone gel sheets
What is it?
A silicone gel sheet is a soft, flexible, self-adhesive dressing that is applied over scars. It contains silicone. Silicone can help to improve the colour, height and texture of a scar. Silicone can also relieve itching and discomfort caused by a scar.
How does it work?
The silicone creates a protective barrier over the scar which allows it to mature while helping to prevent production of excess scar tissue. The silicone layer also assists with hydration of the scar.
Where can I get silicone gel sheets?
Scintera offers a wide range of silicone scar sheets under the Rejûvaskin Scar Fx brand. These include the Scar Fx essentials range, the Scar Heal Kits which contain the silicone sheet(s) and our own ScarSil silicone scar gel, and our range for Breast Procedures which specialise in a range of shapes that are designed to assist after breast procedures.
How do I use a silicone gel sheet?
• Ensure that the affected area is clean and dry.
• Wipe off any excess cream if you have been using cream to massage.
• Remove the protective backing on the sheet and place the sticky side on your skin.
• We recommend you wear your silicone scar sheets during the night when you are resting. Our silicone scar sheets are designed to stay in place with an adhesive side keeping your sheet in place.
Build up your skin tolerance. Wear the sheet for 4 hours daily for two days. Then increase to time advised by your therapist.
• Wash the gel sheet daily using lukewarm soapy water, rinse well and dry by patting it with a non-fluffy towel.
• Wear the same piece of silicone until it starts to deteriorate, then replace it with a new piece.
• Use our ScarSil silicone scar gel during the day for best results.
• Keep gel sheets in a clean, plastic tub when not using it. Store gel sheets in a cool, dry place.
• Do not use the gel sheet on open wounds. If you develop a wound in your scar, remove the gel sheet and keep it safe until the wound is healed.
• Don’t forget to wash the gel sheet. A build-up of dirt or bacteria may irritate the scar.
• Do not throw the gel sheet away if you develop any irritation or redness in response to using it. Remove the sheet, wash and dry your skin. Leave the sheet off until the symptoms resolve, then try it again, building up the skin tolerance slowly.
How long should I continue to use a silicone gel sheet on my scar?
90 days is the recommended initial treatment period. However, you may be advised to continue to use it for longer than this by your therapist depending on the appearance and age of the scar.
“A soft, gentle, non-sticky silicone gel designed to soften and flatten raised scars. It also helps relieve itchiness and discomfort associated with scarring.”
ScarSil Silicone Scar Gel
Rejuvaskin ScarSil® Silicone Scar Gel is a soft, gentle, non-sticky silicone gel designed to soften and flatten raised scars. It also helps relieve itchiness and discomfort associated with scarring.
Silicone ScarSil Gel actually softens and flattens raised scars. The silicone gel dries quickly forming a clear layer of silicone over your scar. This barrier limits collagen production to help minimize and prevent problem scarring. It’s best for scars less than two years old. ScarSil is effective for surgical scars, keloids, hypertrophic scars, facial scars, paediatric scars, and more.
Rejuvaskin ScarSil® Silicone Scar Gel is a topical silicone scar gel that enhances your body’s natural scar healing process. Silicone is the gold standard ingredient in scar management. It helps reduce collagen production to soften and flatten problem scars, even keloids and hypertrophic scars.
ScarSil dries quickly leaving a clear layer of silicone over your scar. It has no smell and doesn’t feel oily or sticky. You will forget ScarSil is even there! It’s so clear and pure, that we’ve heard from many it actually makes a great makeup primer.
“An ingredient-packed silicone scar cream designed to soften and brighten your scar. Scar Esthetique targets discoloration at the cellular level and supports overall skin health using a unique blend of botanicals, polypeptides, anti-oxidants, and silicone.”
Scar Esthetique Scar Cream with Silicone
Scar Esthetique Scar Cream softens and brightens scars. It’s great for simple scars when discoloration (hyperpigmentation) is your primary concern or if your scar is older than 2 years. The unique formula targets discoloration at the cellular level and supports your overall skin health. This silicone scar cream is non-greasy, easily absorbed, and significantly improves the appearance of scars. Many patients see continued results through long-term use.
It’s more than silicone. Scar Esthetique combines 23 ingredients proven effective for scar management. This mix includes silicone, anti-oxidants, polypeptides, and all-natural botanicals. Each ingredient plays an essential role in minimizing your scar and nourishing your skin. Among these key ingredients onion extract, allantoin, arnica flower, calendula, and silicone. Accidents happen; keep this cream in your cabinet for when you need it.
Medical professionals recommend Scar Esthetique for simple surgical scars and old scars. Testimonials support improvements on scars up to 16 years old. The formula is safe for all skin types. Use it for minor surgical scars, old scars, burn scars, stretch marks, or any scar with discoloration.
Scar Fx Silicone Sheet is the GOLD standard recommended by dermatologists and skin specialists.
Scar Fx Silicone Scar Sheets
Scar Fx silicone scar sheets are recommended by plastic surgeons and dermatologists worldwide.
Our silicone scar sheets are easy to use and effective no matter the size, shape, color, or location of your scar.
Scar Fx forms an occlusive barrier over your scar to limit collagen production and reduce the appearance of your scar. Each sheet can be washed and reused for around 30-45 days. It's the perfect product to help get you on your way to healthy, beautiful skin following any surgery or traumatic injury.
Silicone sheeting is well documented as the number one non-invasive scar management option. Plastic surgeons and dermatologists around the world recommend Scar Fx Silicone Scar Sheets to reduce the appearance of scars.